Monday, June 12, 2017

6/12/17 Reentry

Reopening positions in both the broad market + emerging markets.  Over-weighting the energy sector (XLE) (which has entirely retraced its gains since the November election and then n bsome), Brazil [EWZ] (which appears to have found support at current levels following the May 18 Crash), Russia [RSX] (which likewise has retraced its post-election gains and has consolidated nicely over the past three months), and China [FXI] (I consider this morning's -1% decline a buying opp).

I'll have more to say about the markets this afternoon or tomorrow.  I think it's time to (re)embrace the global stock market, which continues to move higher on strong fundamentals, and will probably do so with or without the infrastructure spending + tax reforms promised by the Trump Administration.  We'll look back in a few years and thank Donald Trump for having created a beautiful wall of worry.

3 comments:

  1. INtserseting. I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'm already long a lot of energy. I also hadn't realized AAPL had gotten hit so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if AAPL can fill it's gap in what we consider a normal trading time frame????

    ReplyDelete