Saturday, September 6, 2014

9/6/14 One Step Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkFQHScyti0

Few songwriters weave a story in four minutes as well as Springsteen.  One step up and two steps back.  Sometimes the market dance unfolds against me.  It's OK.  Usually it means I've gotten lazy and need to toughen up or sharpen my focus.

My take this morning?  I probably need to make a 'U.'  Exit the Rydex shorts Monday morning and head north on miners/commodities.  If I could 'undo' last week's trades I would.  To be fair, I didn't have then the signals I have now.

There are times when I trade the big picture, and hold positions for longer stretches.  Lately I've been trading every twist and turn.  I take steps to minimize losses, of course, but the goal is to maximize gains.  I don't play not to lose.  I play to win.  Back on the field in 48 hours!

3 comments:

  1. I love that type of beach music! Sometimes the Springer will walk into one of those little beach bars with his guitar even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENSV - This one sure looks good, what's the story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.thereformedbroker.com/2014/09/05/2015-will-be-the-year-of-the-stockpicker/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thereformedbroker+%28http%3A%2F%2Fthereformedbroker.com%2Ffeed%29

    If stockpicking hasn't worked for a while and it does start, I think that bodes well for the type of trading I do, so I like that. But I also know that my type of stockpicking has been working for the last several years, but mine has been more smallcap (and the IWM has outperformed), so I wonder if this is another data point pointing towards large cap outperformance, but with stock picking?

    ReplyDelete