Saturday, October 16, 2010

10/16/10 Re: Words to live by/ Retiring Later/ Make Every Day A Good Day

gforce- Man, Walter Breuning is an inspiration. I thought I was getting old (56), but at 114, he's more than twice my age!

I've thought alot recently about working beyond age 67. Even if it's only part-time. What's the 'new 67' now, anyway- 74? My folks are in their early eighties and doing well- my Dad even consults now and then. So now I'm 'targeting' 70 as minimum retirement age, and 'early nineties' as minimum life expectancy. Not that I wouldn't have anything to do otherwise- I could devour books, write music, and enjoy time with the kids/grandkids (heck, continue to blog) until the day I pass on to an even greater existence. Everything in this life is a gift.

Breuning is right- It's up to us to make each day a good day.

Here's the original link:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/14/walter-breuning-the-oldest-living-man-in-the-world.aspx

1 comment:

  1. I thought the above link was worth it's own lead post, but I'm adding a different lead post for today that's more relevant to trading.

    New post.

    ReplyDelete